Per ordinance number 2022-02 residents must register any existing non-domestic animals that become prohibited under the new ordinance within 120 days (December 16, 2022).
- Any member of the cat family (family Felidae), and smaller African cats (excluding commonly accepted domesticated house cats, and any cats which are illegal in the State of Michigan, such as lions, tigers, cougars, bobcats, cheetahs, leopards, jaguars, and panthers.)
- Any naturally wild member of the canine family (family Canidae) including but not limited to wolves, foxes, coyotes, dingoes, and jackals, but excluding commonly accepted domesticated dogs.
- Any primates including lemurs, lorisidae, galagos, tarsiers, monkeys, or apes.
- Any crocodilians including alligators, crocodiles, gharials, or caiman families.
Please note that Michigan state law may also prohibit some animals that fall under the above definition. You may not register any animal prohibited by state law.
- Annual license: $14
- Dangerous and Potentially Dangerous: Additional $200 per year